Wednesday, October 31, 2012

NHL Lockout

So there is an NHL lockout. Damnation eh. I am trying to generate some internal emotion but for me the lockout is more more like Snooze City. Out of curiosity I looked on StubHub website for the price of Vancouver Canuck tickets for the December 2, 2012 game with the Anaheim Ducks. If the lockout ends in time for this game to be played you can buy a resale ticket on this particular website for prices ranging from $77 (upper deck of course) to $595 (lower bowl). As these are resale I have no idea what the original ticket price was, I couldn't find any ticket prices on the Canucks' website. Assuming I wouldn't find any $77 tickets available - I'm never that quick - I would be looking at probably $100 to $200 each for a pair of nosebleed seats in the upper deck, if I actually wanted to go, which I don't. By the time you add in $20 or so for parking, and another $20 to $30 for snacks to relieve potential boredom we are up to  a minimum of $250, and more likely $350 for a game which may or may not be entertaining. I don't dislike hockey, just the ticket prices. At those prices I would feel ripped-off, especially if they decide to lay an egg that particular night. Way back when, during the Canucks first season in the NHL, I had 2 season tickets in row 36 straddling the centre line at the Pacific Coliseum for the princely sum of $3.50 a seat.  The row directly in front of us cost $5 a seat and the top price in the lower section was $6. Back then we had Orland Kurtenback, Andre Boudrias and Dale Talon instead of Roberto Luongo, Ryan Kesler and the Sedin Twins. The current crop are undenably more successful, but not necessarily more entertaining. In any case I don't care if the NHL season is cancelled. I am getting sick of overpaid jocks and over-inflated ticket prices. You can always go watch the Vancouver Giants junior team, a local Pee Wee team, or ...gasp... read a novel.

visit my seniors website

No comments:

Post a Comment